Re: Air Canada and Virgin order Airbus planes

From:         roger@concord-world-travel.co.uk (Roger Chung-Wee)
Date:         05 Aug 1997 15:20:49 -0400

On 2 Aug 1997 12:03:09 GMT, Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang) wrote:

>2. Long time ago, VS had shown great interest in the B777.  I believe
>   VS had even paid deposits for some B777 slots.  So, this is a
>   significant win for Airbus.

An interesting comment was made by chairman Branson that VS's
passengers have shown a distinct preference for four-engine aircraft.
I've no way of knowing how big a part that this played in the choice
of the A340-600 over the 777-200IGW, but these orders for the A340s
must show that the big 777s will not reign supreme.
--
Roger Chung-Wee <roger@concord-world-travel.co.uk>
Publisher of Caribbean Aviation Newsletter