Re: Air Canada and Virgin order Airbus planes

From:         niels@lofgren.demon.co.uk (Niels Sampath)
Date:         05 Aug 1997 14:51:17 -0400

In article <5rv7lt$r2e@chronicle.concentric.net>
           Chuanga@cris.com "H Andrew Chuang" writes:

>I'm surprised that no one has posted anything about the two orders in
>these two newsgourps.

Humour mode on please:
Maybe thats because the news only emerged on the wires yesterday,
these are moderated groups  and unlike you   who has self-approval
rights  we, the Great Unwashed, have to wait until a moderator is
available to approve our posts. And since the moderator might probably
have heard the same news and post it him/herself: why should [I]
bother spending that 5 mins. typing out something that will
be rejected as redundant?

I'll skip the details.  Basically, AC is going
>to order 3 A330-200s and 5 A340-300s to replace 6 B747 Classics and 2
		 ^^^

The AC news release mentioned only A330-300s.
No mention on engines... one would guess Pratts, eh?

Also interesting... the AC news release suggests that next March
AC would be the launch customer for the bigger A340s.... guess
they haven't seen the Virgin news.

--
-Niels