Re: Delta Air Lines fleet renewal

From:         "Stephen D. Todd" <stephen.todd@sympatico.ca>
Date:         04 Apr 1997 14:01:42 -0500

Joseph Edward Nemec wrote:

> Stephen D. Todd wrote:
> > On countless occasions I've heard the 777 referred to as the Trouble-7.
> > Rumour has it that UA experiences frequent mech delays. Althought the
> > M11 seems to go mech in "spurts" ie: last week of every month... or
> > something to that effect.

> That's strange, because even United's 777 have had an operational
> record that is better than any other airplane in service. BA has had
> trouble with the 777 IGWs engines, but that's GE, not Boeing.

Perhaps someone else could help us out here, but I know that at least a
year ago United wrote what was considered to be a "stinging" letter to
Boeing regarding the operational reliability of the aircraft.

Things may have changed since then, I don't know. I know that initially UA
was extremely pleased with the aircraft, complimenting it is as the most
reliable (new) aircraft they had ever operated (during it's integration
into the fleet).

--

Best Regards,

Steve.