Re: Delta Air Lines fleet renewal

From:         Arnold Tang <arnoldd@reedycreek.stanford.edu>
Date:         24 Mar 1997 19:38:44 GMT

Anyone want to elaborate on the meaning of "targeted growth in the west"
quote?

I haven't been able to compute it numerically, but are available
west-coast Delta passenger-seat-miles growing or declining?

Perhaps one translation of "targeted growth" is "grow wherever Southwest
hasn't squeezed us out."  Or perhaps "grow DelEx wherever Southwest
hasn't already won."

>  SDT> -- Strengthen Delta's leading transatlantic position at (Helen's
>  SDT> favourite!) JFK Airport in New York and across the North Atlantic.

> blech. :)

I second that opinion.

> But I will welcome the 767-400. The L1011s middle seat was an ouch!
> Not so on the 767-400 :)

Oh, I wouldn't speak so soon.  Just wait until Delta announces the
767-400s as its "first 8-across widebody!"