Re: Delta Air Lines fleet renewal

From:         Brad Ward <beward@uci.edu>
Date:         24 Mar 1997 19:24:46 GMT

Stephen D. Todd wrote:

> -- Simplifying the fleet by removing non-standard B737-300 aircraft and
> the MD-90 aircraft.

   This is interesting news for SNA (John Wayne).  SNA sees a mix of DL
MD-90s and 757s that serve only 2 destinations (SLC and DFW).  In fact,
the only type that flies from DFW is the MD-90.  Flights from SLC are a
mixture of both types.  I'm interested to find out what DL will replace
the MD-90s from DFW with.  I'd imagine they'd have 757s on the route,
but then again, I could see that a 737 might not be out of the question
either.  If the latter is so, it'll make SNA an even more uninteresting
place to watch planes (even though the views are great).  We only get 5
jet types as it is (MD-90, MD-80, 737, 757, and A320).  And it'll also
help solidify this uncomfortable long-haul-small-plane trend with the
737.  UA flies a 737 or two to DEN every day, Alaska and America West
fly them to SEA, and USAir(ways) has a daily or two in the 37 to PIT.  I
really do hope DL replaces then MD-90 with the 757 at SNA.