Re: FOKKER BANKRUPTCY?

From:         kester@euronet.nl (Kester Meijer)
Date:         30 Jan 1996 11:33:41 -0800

tshepherd@med-med1.bu.edu (Thornton Shepherd) wrote:

>[[[ cross-posted to s.a.a by RNA, m.t.a-i comoderator ]]]

>I caught a very brief news flash on the BBC World Service this morning that
>mentioned a bankruptcy at Fokker Aircraft of the Netherlands.  This was a
>surprise to me because I had noticed a dramatic rise in orders for Fokker
>aircraft over the last few months.  I had also read about Daimler Benz' recent
>pledges of support for its ailing subsidiary.  Does anyone know the real story?
>What's going on?

>Thornton

29 jan 96 9am CET
Samsung Aero from South Korea confirmed being interested in buying
Fokker; bet they want to have a closer look at the books before
putting any money in it. It is a cheap way to purchase a lot of
knowledge. Meanwhile the Dutch government has put up some funds to
keep Fokker floating until they know what to do with it. Some parts of
Fokker can go on, on their own as a healty business.

Kester Meijer