WN flights/city distribution

From:         rna@gsb-crown.Stanford.EDU (Robert Ashcroft)
Date:         28 Jan 1996 12:44:39 -0800

Fooling around with the Southwest Jan 10 schedule I calculated the
number of flights out of each of their cities.  I graph it below,
with each bucket five wide ending with the number shown (hence
"25" means "21-25").  A city with a number of departing flights
in the bucket range is indicated with an X.

It would be interesting to see the distributions for other airlines.
I suspect that for most US majors they would be vastly fatter at
the low end and at the high ends, and a much emptier middle,
reflecting a few heavy hubs with a greater number of lighter spokes.

 10 XXXXXX
 15 XXXXXX
 20 XXXXXXXX
 25 XX