Re: Sabena goes for Avro RJs, rather than Fokkers

From:         spagiola <spagiola@worldbank.org>
Date:         6 Sep 1995 12:17:11 -0700

Michael Carley <mjcarley@maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> >What is the equipment mix on European routes like?
>
> Aer Lingus currently fly A330s (I think, twin engine jobs anyway)
> and 747s transatlantic, 737s within Europe and Fokker 50s and
> Saab 2000s on domestic and some cross-channel routes.

Actually, Aer Lingus recently acquired BAe 146s as well; 3 of them,
which replaced Fokker 50s on cross Irish sea routes (the F50s were
moved to domestic routes and the Saab 340s -- not 2000s -- were sold).

> ps The BAe 146 is, as someone from Alenia put it to me, a silly
> aeroplane. It looks as if someone took a drawing of a 747 and
> shrank it.

Tastes differ.  But the 146 looks nothing like a 747; more like
a miniature C-5 or Il-76.

Stefano