Re: 777 sighting

From:         "Michael F. Lechnar" <michael.f.lechnar@boeing.com>
Date:         27 Aug 1998 14:30:59 GMT

k_ish wrote:

> Michael F. Lechnar wrote:
>
> > First 777-300 with PW4098 Engines.  In town for cruise performance
> > testing.  March has a nice, long runway that enables us to do a max
> > weight takeoff and puts us in our favorite test area at top of climb.
>
> Thanks for the info; maybe I will drive out there myself to see it.  Any
> idea how long it will be there?
>
> BTW, where is the "favorite test area"?

Ken,

Already back in Seattle, I think.  For cruise testing we like to use an
area of restricted airspace off of the CA coast called "W-291" on the
navigation charts.  It gives us room to fly without worrying too much
about other traffic.

Mike Lechnar
Aircraft Performance Engineer
"If I was speaking for Boeing, I wouldn't be doing it here."