Re: MD-17 vs. MD-11F/DC-10F

From:         gibrien@atcon.com (George Brien)
Date:         Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:49:42 GMT

BMADDISO@bcsc02.gov.bc.ca (Brian Maddison) wrote:

>In article <airliners.1997.400@ohare.Chicago.COM>
>"David Smith" <drs@hplms2.hpl.hp.com> writes:

>>When was the Bristol Freighter introduced?  I don't suppose it antedated
>>the >Me 323 Gigant of WWII which had clamshell nose doors and a cockpit
>>above the cargo hold?  Or the Fairchild C-82 Packet of the late 1940s?

>The Bristol 170 first flew in December 1945, the XC-82 in September 1944.

snip

I first "met' the Bristol Freighter when it was flying in Maritime
Central  Airways=  they were flying charter work for the DEW line
and altho it was a freighter, a few web seats were in the back when I
flew out of N Labrador to Goose Bay. Altho it was late Aug. I still
remember the  snow and cold air blowing in around the front doors.
Later I saw them often with Air Canada-   where the following story
came from  >
   LGA  twr.   AC flt 582  please identify you aircraft type
   AC 582      acft type Bristol Freighter
  Lga  twr.     did you build it yourself??